Improving the good look of your quartz countertops is only possible through ideal undermount kitchen sinks. As you know, these types of sinks are installed under the counter table to hide the edges. And sinks are one of the most crucial areas of a kitchen.
More than 60% of the time, we spend mostly in the kitchen sink to wash dishes while making food or other purposes.
As you’ll find a lot of models claiming to be top-notch, discovering the best undermount kitchen sinks for quartz countertops is not a piece of cake.
And so, to help you find your perfect type, we have listed some of them based on the user’s experience, rating, quality, and traits. Let’s dive into it!
Table of Contents
- 1 Chapter 1–Reviewing 6 Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks for Quartz Countertops
- 2 Reviewing The Top Undermount Kitchen Sinks
- 2.1 1. Elkay Quartz Classic ELGHU3322RBK0–Elegant Sink Which Is Stain-Resistance.
- 2.2 2. Kraus KHU101-17 Standart PRO –The Best Stainless Steel Undermount Sink Which Is Resilient.
- 2.3 3. Ruvati RVM4300 Undermount Kitchen Sink – Sound-proof Option for Dishwashing.
- 2.4 4. Kraus KHU100-32 Standart PRO – One of The Best Rated Undermount Kitchen Sinks Which Is Impact-Resistance.
- 2.5 5. Kraus KHU102-33 Standard PRO–Versatile Undermount Kitchen Sink to Try.
- 2.6 6. Kraus KBU25 32 inch Undermount Kitchen Sink–One of The Best Kitchen Sinks for Stacking Dishes.
- 3 Chapter 2–Aspects That Should Help in Picking Your Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks for Quartz Countertops, Comparison of Single and Dual Bowl & Importance of the Sound Absorption Feature.
- 4 Consider the Must-have Factors–These Can’t Be Missed!
- 5 Chapter 3 – Must Look into Other Aspects Like Quality and Budget, Installation of Undermount Kitchen Sinks on Quartz Countertops & Overmount Vs Undermount
- 6 Chapter 4–Answering your Frequently Asked Questions.
- 7 Wrap Up
Chapter 1–Reviewing 6 Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks for Quartz Countertops
It won’t be fair towards you if we just move on to the buying guide without mentioning the items which seem tiptop for the purpose we are going towards today.
So, let’s find out the 6 recommendations list along with their ups and downs. Hope it helps to figure out your finest type!
Our Top Picks
1. Elkay Quartz Classic ELGHU3322RBK0: Made for larger pot cleansing, this is a quality kitchen sink. It doesn’t catch stains or scratches even after years of usage. Besides, this sink is heat-resistant, well-made, and good-looking at the same time.
2. Kraus KHU101-17 Standart PRO: Being a tough kitchen sink, it is dent-proof and rustproof. This contains a big depth to carry larger saucepans and bowls. Plus, we love its added traits like towel and drain assembly that helps for washing purposes.
3. Ruvati RVM4300 Undermount Kitchen Sink: As a silent kitchen sink, it performs great for a busy family. This contains a 50/50 split to divide all dishes for convenient usage. And you’ll find a separate drain assembly along with rubber pads on the bottom.
4. Kraus KHU100-32 Standart PRO: Built out of 16-gauge thick material, this is one of the durable kitchen sinks. It is huge in depth to carry tons of items at once. Furthermore, this sink never gets old or fades away even if used daily.
5. Kraus KHU102-33 Standard PRO: If you think of a multi-purpose sink, nothing can beat the Kraus KHU102-33 for its excellence. Thanks to its silver satin finish, this suits most kitchen countertops. Also, it contains a flat base that holds stuff without vibrating.
6. Kraus KBU25 32 inch Undermount Kitchen Sink: This is a round sink that contains a 40/60 offset split along with curved corners. It not only adds beauty to the kitchen environment but also improves hygiene. Moreover, this sink fits on the 36″ mini cabinet.
Reviewing The Top Undermount Kitchen Sinks
1. Elkay Quartz Classic ELGHU3322RBK0–Elegant Sink Which Is Stain-Resistance.
- Includes 60/40 basin split.
- Made with solid quartz shell.
- 535° F heat resistance.
- Non-porous structure.
- Compatible with 36″ cabinet (length).
Looking for a modern black kitchen sink that is clean and chic? If so, this sink might be handy for you. Its finish won’t let you face a slope or grime while dealing with soapy water or liquids.
No reason why people love this, as it has a bold and daring look which adds good looks to the kitchen. Plus, most users love the heat-resistance ability.
Coming to its construction, which is being done using quartz, the sink lasts longer without facing peel or scratch. Also, it holds kitchen stuff pretty well without breaking or tripping. Which is a great point to mention.
The depth of this sink is massive, which would go with a big cabinet. And it is known as one of the best undermount kitchen sinks for quartz countertops which help wash things better than ever.
But, it’s also true that the pricing of this sink is quite on the higher side. However, if looking at its quality which can be felt by touching the surface, we can understand why it’s high-priced.
In short, homeowners who are always busy washing big loads of plates or mugs will surely like this as it allows using both hot and cold water.
- Perfect for larger pans.
- Simple to use.
- Hold good space.
- The color is a bonus point.
- Love the quality.
- The price seems expensive.
2. Kraus KHU101-17 Standart PRO –The Best Stainless Steel Undermount Sink Which Is Resilient.
- Built with 16-gauge T-304 stainless steel.
- Covered in rubber sound dampening pads.
- Suitable for heavy usage.
- 10″ deep bowl.
- Includes drain assembly.
Constructed with tough material, the Kraus KHU101-17 is a durable basin that can hold heavy usage. It is a single bowl that requires less care and maintenance due to the resilient shell.
Nearly all users claim it to be one of the best sink for small kitchen cabinets. Its interior shell helps hold a couple of cups and dishes to wash them off without issues.
Even if it seems lightweight, the 10″ thickness of this sink is on point for basic kitchen purposes. This is not only efficient but also highly functional thanks to the drain assembly. You will also find the cutout template to use inside the drain.
It is known as one of the best low divide undermount kitchen sink. This includes a center divider which helps a lot to rinse without letting another side facing water splash. The second part is good for drying the washed items.
Although this is budget-friendly, the pitch of it is a bad point. Yet, it won’t be a big issue if using smaller items rather than the big stuff.
Overall, the kitchen sink is an ideal option thanks to its small radius corners, attractive style, and quality. Plus, we love the extra items.
- Simple to fit.
- Tough construction.
- Reasonable price point.
- Included good-quality extras.
- Holds plenty of room.
- Some don’t like the pitch design.
3. Ruvati RVM4300 Undermount Kitchen Sink – Sound-proof Option for Dishwashing.
- The interior corner is round.
- 16-gauge thickness.
- Rated by IAPMO, ANSI, & CSA.
- 50/50 drain offset.
- Includes bottom rinse grid.
Finding a silent undermount sink for kitchen appliance washup seems impossible sometimes, right? Not anymore! The Ruvati RVM4300 will steal your heart with its sound-proof coating which absorbs noise when you use it.
The sink contains curved sides which not only ensure slopped bottom but also give better grip for water drainage. This trait of it also supports keeping the sink clean.
Plus, you’ll also find the thick rubber pads attached to the bottom which cut down all the vibration or shakes. And so, it’s has been rated on top as one of the best sinks for quartz countertops.
It has a good brushed finish that lets users not fear rust or scratch even after years of usage. The big depth is also a great feature that lets users place larger pans or plates in order to clean them.
After learning its benefits, you should know the bad point which is the position of drain. We think it would be a problem for those users who has less experience using this type of kitchen sink.
Apart from that, it is a standard undermount kitchen basin that contains all you’ll need including a bottom rinse grid, drain assembly, and so on.
- Pretty easy to wipe.
- Doesn’t make sounds during usage.
- Holds massive depth.
- The sink adds value to the kitchen.
- Includes basket strainer drain.
- Sadly, the drain isn’t in the middle.
4. Kraus KHU100-32 Standart PRO – One of The Best Rated Undermount Kitchen Sinks Which Is Impact-Resistance.
- Finished with commercial-grade material.
- Compatible With 36″ cabinet.
- 3.5″ drain opening.
- Contains a premium kitchen towel.
- Features NoiseDefend™ soundproofing technology.
Next on the list is Kraus KHU100-32, mostly known for its impact-free performance to carry heavy items thanks to the 16 gauge or 1.5 mm thickness.
The satin finish of it is a good thing that ensures color vibrancy while having a silver shine on the surface. And, it won’t fade easily even if used daily. You don’t have to think of the build-up issue too.
Being one of the best kitchen sink undermount, this includes a large bottom grid to dry all the kitchen items after washing them. There’s also a premium towel for wiping purposes.
We truly loved one feature which is the tiny strainer that allows easy usage of the drain path for cleaning. And, it will help you to throw out leftovers from the basin which can block during water drainage.
But it does hold one drawback which is the need for frequent maintenance through daily wiping on the surface. Even though it might feel like a burden at times, this is anyways necessary to keep the surface clean.
If you as a busy cooker who feel like in need of a strong and convenient kitchen sink, then it’s the one. Also, this is compatible with a 36″ cabinet.
- Takes less time to install.
- Practical sink design.
- Excellent sound dampening ability.
- Good for cleaning pots and pans.
- Don’t fade away easily.
- Require wiping the leftover water.
5. Kraus KHU102-33 Standard PRO–Versatile Undermount Kitchen Sink to Try.
- Includes 2 separate bottom grids.
- 3-1/2″ drain opening.
- Features mounting hardware & towel.
- Constructed with soundproof pads.
- Contains drain assembly.
If you love to make food and need to clean dirty items constantly, then the Kraus KHU102-33 would be an ideal option. Its 50/50 basin split lets you wash and dry any variety of dishes for multi-tasking.
As being one of the best undermount kitchen sinks for big kitchen cabinets, its interior lets you hold pots and pans with no hassle. Plus, it doesn’t take much to fit inside a countertop.
The quality and look seem awesome which is no way a user would feel cheap although the price is inexpensive. Not to mention the goodness of added drain assembly for both bowls.
You’ll also find 2 separate stainless-steel bottom grids in the package which are wearproof. Plus, the unique thing about it is the 2 pulleys on each of the grids for carrying purposes.
A few find the bottom of the sink not as sloppy as it should be. And to solve this kind of issue, we suggest using a mild liquid cleaner.
To sum up, it could be on your buying list to get one of the best undermount kitchen sinks thanks to its optimized angle and volume.
- The flat bottom is a bonus point.
- Light in weight.
- Foolproof construction.
- The shiny finish adds beauty.
- Good for washing saucepan.
- A few claims it lacks slope.
6. Kraus KBU25 32 inch Undermount Kitchen Sink–One of The Best Kitchen Sinks for Stacking Dishes.
- 40/60 basin split.
- 9″ sink thickness.
- 3.5″ drain opening.
- Certified by IPC, ANSI, IAPMO, & SCC.
- Coated with protective Stone Guard.
In need of one of the best undermount kitchen sinks for granite countertops, Cambria counters, or quartz cabinets? If so, the Kraus KBU25 is a beautiful choice.
Thanks to the nice edge and angle, it doesn’t catch grime or filth in the corners. And also, the modern looks of this suit most kitchens.
This includes a basket strainer to take out leftover foods from the sink without making a mess. Also, there’s a drain assembly that helps drain dirty water.
It as well contains a 60/40 basin spilled, which is a good point to attach the faucet toward the sink if you don’t have enough space at the front.
But luck is a little less favouring in one certain area. This sink doesn’t come with a garbage disposal gasket. Typically, sinks out there don’t add this item to the package, so it isn’t a major fault whatsoever.
With a traditional look, it has a vast capacity of up to 30 plates in a small bowl and a 12qt stockpot in the large bowl. And so, we highly recommend it to busy parents.
- Scratch-proof construction.
- The drain assembly is excellent.
- Ideal thickness to carry small items.
- Includes rubber pads.
- Functional and reliable.
- Doesn’t contain a garbage disposal gasket.
Chapter 2–Aspects That Should Help in Picking Your Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks for Quartz Countertops, Comparison of Single and Dual Bowl & Importance of the Sound Absorption Feature.
As we are living in the age of technology, hardly a buyer will directly choose an item from the store without learning all the essential aspects like reliability.
Under this segment, we’ll include a debate of single and dual bowl styles so that you can determine which one to go for.
And with that, you’ll also find some important traits of undermount kitchen sinks which can’t be skipped.
Consider the Must-have Factors–These Can’t Be Missed!
As you can understand through the title, we are going to present some of the essential points for a worthy selection. Including these are the traits which you should think of more than anything. So, try not to miss these if you are a rookie.
To Make Sure Durability, The Right Material Can Help
The material is a vital factor that determines the overall construction toughness. And that’s not all. It would be better if you think of rustproof, scratch proof, and other related things to tell whether it is good or not.
And to add the word ‘durable’ in an undermount kitchen sink, you will need to check the materials of the exterior and interior shell.
- Stainless steel is the most-used and toughest sink material. Not only it is durable and requires less care but also ensures better resistance against rust or scratch, unlike others. Plus, the steel looks are mostly suitable for modern and traditional countertops.
- Granite is an attractive undermount sink material that lasts longer. After stainless steel, it is one of the most durable and heatproof, which might cost more.
- Quite similar to granite, quartz is a durable material that looks good. It is heat-resistance, soundproof, and requires less maintenance.
- Being the most beautiful material, the porcelain is hard-wearing, resilient, and versatile to use thanks to the eternal design.
It Should Comprise the Extra Assembly
The term ‘extras’ is surely a good thing, especially if you get free items with your purchased kitchen sink. On average, it might include 1 drain, strainer gasket, cut-out template, bottom grid, towel, mounting hardware, and so on. Ensure their quality to select wisely.
Don’t Neglect the Depth of Bowl Aka Thickness.
At this point, you might be in need of a thicker sink that has a good capacity to carry loads of kitchen appliances.
Figure out the thickness by measuring from the bottom to the top of an undermount kitchen sink.
And to understand the right thickness, it’s necessary to check the depth of the bowl which most undermount kitchen sinks have around 10-inch or 9-inch.
- If you have a smaller quartz countertop, go with 9-inch or less thick sinks.
- For a larger quartz countertop, the 10-inch or thicker sinks would be ideal.
The Looks Can’t Be Ignored as Well
The kitchen is an important place for people who use it frequently. And, it would be a waste of money if the undermount sink can’t improve the look. Try to give priority to appearances by matching with your home style, especially kitchen workstation and then decide a pick.
Single Vs Dual– All About Bowl Style
Just like the looks, the styles of the bowl do matter. It can be ‘single’ or ‘dual’ where you have to select the best style, which goes well with your kitchen countertop space. Coming to the debate of these two, you got to be unbiased in perspective to single out a style.
- Suitability: Single bowl is ideal for tiny cabinets. And most find the dual bowl perfect for big spaces.
- Divider Facility: Although the dual bowl contains a low or high divider, this facility is unavailable in a single bowl.
- Fitment Area: While the single bowl takes less counter storage to fit, the dual bowl needs a lot of space.
- Washable Items: Even if the dual bowl is big, still it can’t cleanse larger pots in comparison to the single bowl.
- Price Range: Mostly, the single bowl is less expensive than the dual bowl.
Sound Absorption Is a Great Feature to Have
Hearing noises of dishes while placing pans or cups in the sink is a big headache to deal with. To get rid of it, the sound dampening pads made with rubber or NoiseDefend™ technology will work the best.
Chapter 3 – Must Look into Other Aspects Like Quality and Budget, Installation of Undermount Kitchen Sinks on Quartz Countertops & Overmount Vs Undermount
Finding the other features that let you figure out the right undermount kitchen sink sounds beneficial. As this helps most users to get clear idea to make a choice. In this segment, we’ll also describe the installation procedure. Have fun!
Just Like Quality, The Budget Do Matters
When asking what sink to use with quartz countertops, the answer would be undermount kitchen sinks. None of them would be the best performing unless the quality is on point, so as the budget.
The simple fact of kitchen sinks is higher-priced options will ensure better quality. Yet, there are a few inexpensive items that contain good characteristics with extras.
How To Install Undermount Kitchen Sink to Quartz Countertops?
- Based on the length, width, and depth of the undermount sink, then mark the area where you want to place it on quartz countertops. If necessary, use the marker. And place the sink near to water supply area.
- Next, cut the shell as much as you need. Then, use a sander to level the cut-out area.
- Afterward, drill the edges of the countertop for more than 10 holes. Insert the anchors on each hole and lightly hammer them.
- Then, cover the edges of the sink using a strong silicone adhesive. Attach the sink under the countertop and press lightly. It would take around 30 minutes to 1 hour to set up. Be sure to remove the extra sealant using acetone.
- Attach all the mounting hardware to secure the sink.
- After that, set up the plumbing, garbage disposal items, water supply, and other things.
Note: Read the manual before starting the procedure to know the measurement facts.
Overmount Vs Undermount Kitchen Sink
Comparison of these two is a trendy debate. The overmount, aka drop-in and undermount sinks do differ, which can be defined by looking at them. This might create questions in your mind, but it’ll be easy after learning their differential points.
Overmount sink fitted above the countertops. In contrast, the undermount sink is attached below the cabinet.
Aside from their fitting area, they do have some other differences. Take a look at these.
- In terms of pricing, the undermount sink is expensive than overmount.
- Overmount sink lacks quality while the undermount contains high quality.
- Compared to overmount, fitting the undermount sink is hard.
- The drainage system of the undermount sink is top-notch. Then again, the overmount sink doesn’t contain a better drain option.
- Overmount sink isn’t durable as the undermount.
Chapter 4–Answering your Frequently Asked Questions.
What sink is best for quartz countertops?
The best basin for quartz countertops is the undermount kitchen sink. And also, it’s because you don’t have to think of water splashing around countertops.
What kind of countertop do I need for undermount sink?
The best countertops for undermount sinks would be those which are made of marble, quartz, concrete, and granite. As they are placed deeper, the countertops have to be solid and weight-bearing.
Can you use undermount sink with quartz countertop?
Yup! However, it has to be good in quality, weight, and good dimension to add the undermount sink to your quartz countertop.
At last, we are done introducing you to 6 best undermount kitchen sinks for quartz countertops that we feel like it deserves strong recommendation.
Hope this guide helped you to pick one for yourself. And, we have tried to give both benefits and drawbacks of each model.
So, if you ask for our opinion to pick the best one, it would be Elkay Quartz Classic ELGHU3322RBK0 for quartz countertops. We surely love its heat-resistance, soundproof, rustproof, stainproof, quality, and nice looks.
We suggest doing further research if you have doubts about your choice, but hopefully that won’t be the case after reading this piece. However, if you need to, do so before placing an order! Another thing to do is take notes of all the necessary traits as it’ll help you choose something according to your requirement list. Good Luck!