Welcome to the article on Fragranite sink review! A sink is a very essential tool in every kitchen around the world. It is the central attention of any cooking area. And we humans spend almost 60% of our time with the sink in a kitchen. As food making, cutting, washing and other important works are done on a sink. Therefore, you need to choose the right kind of sink which can withstand years-long of use and abuse.
However, a lot of people get confused when it comes to getting a standard quality sink from the market. Because there are tons of options available for you. But you don’t know which one is perfect for you. As a result, a lot of people get puzzled and end up getting a not-so-good sink. And then again, they have to spend more bucks to get a new one. Well, in that case, they end up spending double money without any reason which is totally a loss for them.
But don’t worry you don’t have to bear loss like them. As we are here to guide you with the best quality fragranite sink from the very well-known Franke Brand.
In this review article, we’re going to provide a brief analysis of the Fragranite sink. At last, you’re going to get the buyer’s guide which will help to get the best sink for your work.
Okay then now it’s time to move to the Fragranite Sink Review.
Table of Contents
- 1 Picture
- 2 Information
- 3 Amazon
- 3.1 1. Franke GDX11031 Grande Single Bowl Undermount Sink.
- 3.2 2. Franke EDDB33229-1 Double Bowl Granit Kitchen Sink.
- 3.3 3. Franke SL103BX 20” Stainless Steel Sink.
- 3.4 4. Franke’s SGR3322-1 Gravity Dual Mount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink.
- 3.5 5. Franke’s HFS3322-1 KIT Stainless Steel Sink.
- 4 Buyer’s guide
- 4.1 What are the types of the sink?
- 4.2 What materials are used in designing a sink?
- 4.3 How many bowls you should go for in a sink?
- 4.4 Finally the price point of the sink!
- 4.5 Decision Time!
- 5 Conclusion:
1. Franke GDX11031 Grande Single Bowl Undermount Sink.
Now, we will introduce you to the Franke GDX11031 Grande Undermount Sink. It is designed with the premium 18 Gauge stainless steel for durability. This single bowl sink is 9″ deep which is ideal for storing and handling larger pots and pans.
Besides, it features sound dampening pads on the sink that reduce noise or sound from running water or trash disposal.
It can also fit a minimum cabinet of size 36″. While it comes in a rectangular shape and it is installed as an under-mount sink.
- Product’s weight: 24 lbs.
- Dimension: 18.8” x 32.8” x 9”
- Model: GDX11031
- Material: 18-gauge stainless steel
- Size: 32 ¾-inch
- Shape: Rectangular
- Amazon’s Ratings: 4.3 out of 5 stars
- Designed with high-quality 18-gauge stainless steel.
- An extra-deep single bowl of 9″, great in storing larger kitchen dishes or pots.
- It is installed as an under-mount sink.
- Nullify excessive sound from running water and trash dumping.
- Cancel unnecessary sound.
- Extra deep.
- Ideal for larger pots and pans.
2. Franke EDDB33229-1 Double Bowl Granit Kitchen Sink.
Well, we will talk about Franke’s EDDB33229-1 Double bowl sink. It is designed with granite material with a mocha finish. The double sink comes with a 3.5″ drain opening.
Besides, it features 1 hole for faucet while it has 3 possible additional holes that come predrilled. And it fits comfortably to the 36″ minimum size cabinet space.
By the way, this sink can be installed as under-mount.
- Product’s weight: 42 lbs.
- Dimensions: 23” x 34” x 10”
- Material: Granite
- Model: EDDB33229-1
- Color: Mocha
- Installation: Undermount
- Amazon’s Ratings: 3.9 out of 5 stars
- Designed with the premium looking granite material that has a mocha finish.
- A drain opening is there in the sink that allows easy and fast drainage.
- This sink includes in a total of 1 hole for faucets and 3 other holes that are predrilled.
- The installation method of the sink can be done as undermount and it can fit easily into 32″ size minimum cabinet area.
- Good drainage.
- Fits into the minimum size of the cabinet area.
3. Franke SL103BX 20” Stainless Steel Sink.
The Franke SLB103BX features a timeless design that is both lustrous and classy yet has a simplistic touch. It is constructed using 20 Gauge stainless steel. Plus, the sink’s bowl is an extra 10″ deep that is perfect for large dishes and kitchen utensils. And it features T-rim that protects you from sharp edges while installing and adds durability to the sink.
It is ultra-quiet as the sink cancels out unnecessary sounds or clinks from dishes, garbage disposal or running water.
And it has a dual mount axis that is apt for your kitchen, bar or utility area.
This sink can be installed as both top mount and undermount style.
- Product’s weight: 11.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 22.3” x 10.8” x 23″
- Model: SL103BX
- Installation: Undermount
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Size: 20”
- Amazon’s Ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
- The sink has a dual mount axis that fits perfectly into any kitchen, utility area or bar.
- Designed with 20-gauge stainless steel that offers long-lasting durability.
- Super quiet and mute sounds from trash disposal, running water or dishes clinks.
- Feature safety T-rims that safeguard you from the cut of sharp edges.
- Sink’s basin is 10” deep which is ideal for storing more kitchenware and large utensils.
- Remarkable quality and durability.
- Super quiet.
- Stores large pots and dishes.
- Quiet deep basin.
4. Franke’s SGR3322-1 Gravity Dual Mount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink.
The Franke’s Gravity Single bowl is designed from 80% of quartz which is the hardest component of granite. Plus, it is bonded using the finest acrylic resin that will offer years-long of durability. This sink is scratch and heat resistant as the finest granite component is used. It includes 1 hole and 3 knockouts and a rear drain waste hole point.
The charm of granite outweighs the slight curved of gravity in creating a sink that brings an alluring effect to your kitchen.
Moreover, the sink bowl is 9″ deep and ideal for storing large dishes and kitchenware. And it doesn’t make much sound like regular stainless steel. Thus, you can quietly work in your kitchen.
By the way, you can install this sink in both undermount or top mount style. Besides, it can adjust easily into 36” size minimum cabinet area.
- Product’s weight: 43.2 lbs.
- Dimensions: 23” x 36” x 10”
- Color: Graphite
- Style: Large bowl
- Model: SGR3322-1
- Finish: Glossy
- Installation: Top mount and undermount
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Amazon’s rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
- Designed from 80% of quartz, the finest component of granite and as a result, it scratches and heat resistant.
- This sink features 3 knockouts and 1 hole plus a rear-end waste duct location.
- The sink bowl is 9″ deep that is good for deep storage of kitchenware and large dishes.
- The Franke’s Gravity supports both undermount and top mount installation system.
- Beautiful looking.
- Quite deep.
- Made from the finest granite’s element.
- Ideal for storing large dishes and kitchen utensils.
5. Franke’s HFS3322-1 KIT Stainless Steel Sink.
The Franke’s HFS3322-1 is a vector series that is originated from swiss design. Apart from that, it is manufactured by using the heavy-duty 18-gauge stainless steel that offers ultimate durability.
Besides this sink features a timeless design. Because it has a present-day slim rim and tight corners. As a result, it is easily cleaned and gives a sleek look to your kitchen.
Plus, the sink is ultra-quiet as it has sound deadening technology that reduces excess sound from water, garbage or utensils. The sink can fit in a minimum cabinet area of 36”.
It can be mounted as top mount, undermount. All the necessary tools required for installation are provided with the sink. That includes the following things:
- · Bottom protection grid.
- · Drain kit.
- · Cutout template.
- · Sink drain strainers.
- · Mounting hardwires.
- Product’s weight: 36 lbs.
- Dimensions: 35.5” x 25” x 12”
- Model: HFS3322-1 Kit
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Installation: Dual
- Style: Single bowl
- Warranty: Lifetime on the sink, 1 year- accessories
- Amazon’s ratings: 4.4 out of 5 stars
- Designed with the heavy-duty 18-gauge stainless steel that provides durability for a long time.
- It has a slim rim and tight radius corner that gives a sleek view to your kitchen and it is easily cleaned.
- Eliminated unnecessary sound from water, trash disposal, clinks from the kitchenware or utensils.
- Installed as both undermount and top mount and all the installation accessories are supplied in a kit.
- Sleek and stylish.
- Heavy-duty materials.
- Slim rims and tight corners.
Okay, it looks like you have finished reading the above products and you are still fascinated by them. Perhaps you could be also wondering about how to choose the right sink among them. Well, that’s why we are going to guide you in this section with all the necessary information. Besides all your questions will be answered that will increase your knowledge over a good sink. And it will hint you to get the best sink for you.
Now, a lot of factors play an important role in buying the quality sink for your home or any commercial area. That’s why I will start by discussing the sink’s type, material, no. of bowls and price, etc.
Then, at last, I will recommend the name of the best Fragranite sink among them. However, the best sink in our view might not work the same for you. Thus, we will suggest you read this buyer guide completely before making any decision. As a result, you will likely make a better decision with the guide’s help.
What are the types of the sink?
There are various types of sink available in the market. However, the most common sinks are listed below:
1. Farmhouse sink:
A Farmhouse sink is also commonly known as an apron sink. This particular sink extends over the edge of your corner. Plus, it can be customized as both single or double bowl sink. A farmhouse sinks basically come as cast iron or fireclay that is exceptionally durable and easily cleaned due to its nonporous material. Moreover, the farmhouse sink is ideal for big families, piles of dishes and cleanup.
Nowadays, the farmhouse sink is getting more hyped due to the comeback of homey and farmhouse interior design. Anyways, this sink comes off a bit expensive and quite tough to install as it requires to dissect a large section of your counter.
2. Top mount sink:
A top mount sink is also called a drop-in sink. It looks like the sink has dropped into the counter that makes a rim or lip surrounding the sink. Well, it is a functional option to select as it’s very easy to install. Besides, it offers extra support that means you can select any material for this sink even if it is heavy. But you have to consider one thing that is the trash or filth can get stuck into the rim. As a result, cleaning might get tough.
3. Undermount sink:
An undermount sink is a versatile choice for the most kitchen outline. It is directly mounted under the counter that creates a flawless view from countertop to the sink. Plus, it is easily cleaned as the grime or filth directly flushed into the sink without sticking into the rim or lip. But you should consider the sink’s weight as it is installed with glue under the countertop. Because most of the fireclay or iron cast sink doesn’t support this installation method due to its bulkiness.
4. Kitchen sink with a drainboard:
If you are looking for a practical and eco-friendly kitchen sink then your match is a sink with drainboard. It is basically made of stainless steel. The drainboard reduces mess in your kitchen by making your food-prep simpler and clutter-free. Plus, the drainboard creates a section of your counter for food prep. While it also offers space to dry off dishes and kitchenware by draining excess water into the sink. Thus, this process provides a clean counter and reduces the need for a dishwasher.
5. Corner sink:
The corner sink is a double-bowl sink mounted at the corner of your kitchen counter. The two basins are placed away from each other in a catty-corner system. Well, the design is pretty unique and useful if you are looking to utilize your counter space. However, a corner sink is quite expensive and has a tough installation.
6. Bar sink:
Bar sinks are smaller than an average kitchen sink and they are mounted in the wet bar of your house. It is generally a single bowl that is manufactured for drink-making, prep work, and easy cleanup. So, if you got a large family or a group of friends, then the bar sink is a great option for entertaining people in your home bar, terrace or patio.
Anyways, these are some of the common types of sinks. Besides, there are more varieties available but we will provide you the common and used one.
What materials are used in designing a sink?
There are different types of material used in manufacturing a sink. Name of some material used in them are given in the followings:
1. Stainless steel:
The stainless-steel sink is a common and practical choice made by most people. These sinks are very light and easily installed and provide more functionality. Stainless-steel sinks are classified according to the gauge or sheeting thickness. Here, a heavy gauge typically indicates the sink as thicker and cheap.
On the other hand, light gauge hints the sink as thin and more expensive. However, the stainless-steel tends to be noisier in comparison to other materials. Plus, it can get scratch or dents. Again, they can give good resistance to heat and stain.
2. Granite composite:
Granite composite sink is basically more durable and stain resistance that comes with a beautiful cutting-edge. This type of sink is constructed by gluing crushed granite with the resin filer.
Granite composite features an innate sound consuming effect because of its density. Besides the granite composite is a heavy material. So, if you are thinking about getting a granite sink over a stainless steel one, then make sure to add structural support for the extra weight of the sink.
3. Cast Iron:
Well, Cast Iron is usually splashed with a porcelain coating which exudes a glistening white finish. As a result, this kind of sink appeals homeowners who are looking for a vintage, farmhouse or countryside style kitchen.
Cast iron is quite durable and heavier than most other kitchen sinks. However, the porcelain can flake easily with time. Besides this type of sink can’t be clean with any erosive cleaners as it decays the enamel coating. You have to stay careful while dishwashing because the sink’s hardness can easily crack your dishware.
A Fireclay sink is manufactured from the clay and glaze synthesis at a very high temperature above 1600 degrees Fahrenheit. This type of sink is quite similar to the variety of cast iron. However, Fireclay tends to be a bit more durable than any other sink. Besides it doesn’t chip, corrode or stain and you can even use an erosive cleaner.
Anyways, the Fireclay sink is quite expensive than the cast iron because of its large-scale construction process. But the Fireclay is often used in farmhouse sinks, which is perfect for any fun events, party, holidays or vacation.
How many bowls you should go for in a sink?
It actually depends on your preferences. If you are working on a canteen, lab, restaurant or any other commercial places then you might need a double bowl sink. Double bowl sinks are great for multitasking such as meal prep and cleaning at the same time. Plus, the double bowl sink has double storage space so you can easily clean the dishware altogether.
However, a single bowl sink works great for a small family or limited counter space. Besides you can also opt for a single bowl sink if you need it for individual use. In that case, a single large bowl is enough for your kitchen work.
Finally the price point of the sink!
Your budget plays an important role to get a high-quality kitchen sink. Because better quality accessories come with a good price. Again, with more price, you will get a thick stainless-steel sink. While the cheaper stainless-steel sink is prone to corrosion and discoloration. On the other hand, the more expensive sink is heat- and scratch-resistant. Besides the expensive sink are durable and strong. So, it is always wise to spend a few bucks more to get a standard quality sink. Because getting a cheap sink ends up going to the store again to buy a new sink.
Now it’s the most aspiring moment of the entire Fragranite Sink review. Because in this section we will recommend the best and first-grade kitchen sink. So, are you ready to know them? Well, here they are:
Franke’s Stainless-Steel Sink: Franke’s HFS3322-1 KIT Stainless Steel Sink.
Franke’s Granite sink: Franke’s SGR3322-1 Gravity Dual Mount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink.
We hope our article helped you to understand better about the sink and it will assist you to the right kind of sink you need. So, thanks for reading our Fragranite Sink Review.