BLANCO Silgranit sinks have taken over the hearts of many with their gorgeous surfaces. Purchasers are greeted with a stunning sink that immediately classes up their kitchen. Several advantages are also brought to the table, thanks to the granite construction. One does not have to worry about scratching or chipping while cleaning. Hot objects can easily be placed on the surface without having to worry about color damage or cracks.
Overall, the BLANCO Silgranit sink is the perfect addition to one’s kitchen. However, you need to take proper measures to keep it nice and intact. Wondering how to care for Blanco Silgranit sink? Allow us to share some tips!
Table of Contents
How To Care for Blanco Silgranit Sink
Cleaning the BLANCO Silgranit Sink
A clean kitchen immediately manages to brighten one’s health. This is why restaurants often have their kitchens checked by authorities who ensure proper cleansing is maintained. Besides that, a spotless kitchen also heightens the chef’s creativity. Therefore, you need to keep your BLANCO Silgranit sink spotless and polished by carrying out the necessary cleaning steps. Remember that this will also increase your sink’s longevity.
One needs to habitually clean their sink at least once every day to prevent limescale and stains from building up. You can keep this process extremely simple as long as you religiously follow it every day.
Here’s what we like to do:
- Dip a soft scrub in water and squeeze so that it is just damp but not dripping.
- Add a bit of mild dishwashing soap to your moist sponge. Both liquid and powdered options will do an amazing job.
- Using the soft side of your scrub, start rinsing the surface of your sink. Rub in circular motions to quickly get all stains off.
- Once the stains are properly removed, clean the soapy remains using water.
- Using a piece of microfiber cloth, dry the surface of your sink thoroughly.
If you want more detailed process of cleaning the Blanco Silgranit Sink, then here is a great source of it: How to Clean Blanco Silgranit Sink
Let us admit it–stubborn stains are the worst enemies of your BLANCO Silgranit sink. Nevertheless, spend no time worrying, for we have just the right tricks for you!
- Bleach and Water Solution: In this method, you need to remove all water from your sink and seal off its drain. Powdered bleach should be sprinkled all over the sink’s surface until it is spread out everywhere. Then, the sink should be filled with warm water and left like that for about an hour. Draining the water and rinsing the surface clean with a sponge will now leave you with a sparkling sink!
- Oil and Water Solution: A soft sponge dipped in oil and water has the power to get rid of metal abrasion. Slow rubbing in circular motions will help you easily get the job done. Just remember to clean up the oily texture with soap water afterward!
- Vinegar and Water Solution: Acid does an amazing job of removing stains, so a solution between vinegar and water is the perfect mixture to remove limescale. The vinegar reacts with calcium carbonate and gives you the spotless look that you were originally looking for.
- Acidic Cleaning Agent: Citric acid-based cleaners do the best job at cleansing your Silgranit sink from food stains. A drop or two on a damp sponge and some diligent scrubbing will immediately make your BLANCO sink look brand new.
Keeping Your Silgranit Sink Dry
Leaving water on your sink will create calcium carbonate deposits. These are white and look extremely unappealing on black granite sinks. Over time, these develop a brown tint, which is even harder to remove. So, to avoid this problem altogether, after rinsing it clean, regularly wipe your sink using a piece of microfiber cloth.
Maintaining the Sink’s Luster
To reserve a BLANCO Silgranit sink’s original shine, one needs to take some further steps besides the usual cleaning and drying.
Light-colored sinks can be kept intact with some assistance from BLANCOCLEAN which is a product manufactured by the company itself.
Dark-colored sinks, on the other hand, will require some different steps. You need to take a dampened piece of cloth and add a few drops of mineral oil before rubbing the mixture onto the sink. It is best if you do this at night so that the sink has enough time to absorb the oil. You can, later on, rinse the sink clean during early morning hours using water and dishwashing soap.
What to Avoid Using
Different surfaces have different reactions with chemicals. So, before you use any cleaning agent on your BLANCO Silgranit sink, make sure you check its contents. Anything that is forbidden by the manufacturer should be kept miles away.
Abrasive cleaning agents or scrubs like steel wool pads should not be used during the cleaning process. Although the sinks are scratch-resistant, these could leave flawed marks on the surface.
Blancoclean should also not be used with dark granite sinks. Instead, they should be left to maintain the shine of white-colored ones. Commercial alkali should not be used in either. This is because chemicals like ammonia will cause damage that is not covered by your warranty.
Bleach and drain blocking chemicals are also heavily restricted. One should also avoid washing off paint in Silgranit sinks as permanent stains might be created during the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose a BLANCO Silgranit sink?
80% BLANCO Silgranit sinks are made of graphite, which makes them extremely durable. One also does not have to worry about scratching, chipping, fading, or cracking due to heat. If you are interested in purchasing Silgranit sinks by BLANCO, check this out.
Can Silgranit sink rust?
Silgranit sinks do not consist of any compounds that can corrode. So, you do not have to worry about your Silgranit sinks rusting with time.
Will the color of my Silgranit sink fade over time?
No, BLANCO Silgranit sinks are made in a method that installs fade-proofing capabilities in them. Direct exposure to sunlight and regular usage will cause absolutely no change to your Silgranit sink’s color.
Is it safe to handle food on Silgranit?
Yes, Silgranit sinks have a distinct property that helps them keep your food away from all types of bacteria. You can hence have the food or cooking utensils contact the sink.
Knowing how to care for BLANCO Silgranit sink is important. A few good steps will keep your sink as fresh as new forever. Your kitchen interiors can look elevated and the increased longevity will also save you bucks.
Follow all the tips mentioned in our articles diligently. Before using any product on your sink, you need to place a drop on the sink and see how it reacts. Clean your sink and enjoy roaming around a neat kitchen!
- What Are BLANCO Sinks Made of
- Where to Buy BLANCO Silgranit Sinks
- How To Clean Blanco Silgranit Sink
- Does Blanco Make Bathroom Sinks?