Thinking of choice kitchen utensils that will serve and last you for a long while? Stainless steels are made to last for a very long time, without depreciating or diminishing.
Stainless steel is particularly unique because of its resilience and resistance to corrosion. Other materials can wear out by excessive washing, but not stainless steel.
Read this Guide that How to Clean Stainless Steel Sink if you are Stainless Steel Sink User
It thrives on frequent cleaning. It can maintain Its shine from the day of manufacture to a very long period of time. With the presence of chromium, a major component of stainless steel, it can be rust stain free. Did you pick the stainless steel sink for your Kitchen? If not then its the guide for you the Top 7 best stainless steel sinks.
If you want your stainless steel sink to have that extra touch of pristine perfection and sparkles all day, then follow these simple cleaning tips
- Clean regularly – Your stainless steel is water resistant, which is one thing that makes it unique. You can never do too much washing. Take it upon yourself to regularly wash your stainless steel sink with soft abrasive materials. You can use typical household cleaners like Bon Ami, Comet, bar keepers friend, or any other household stainless steel cleaners recommended by your local store owners. To further aid this cleaning, you need a soft sponge, warm water and clean clothes.
- Use only stainless steel friendly materials to wash: It’s stainless steel, yes. But not every material is good for it. Some of these materials will work, but they will leave scratches and rust stains for you to fix. Use mild and soft objects on your sink, any hard surface objects can lead to corrosion. Avoid ordinary carbon steel brushes and steel wool. Particles from these objects can cause rust stains.
- Drain every drop of water: After cleaning your stainless steel sink, don’t stop there. Make sure you dry every last drop of water on and in the sink. If you don’t, this might be what you have to start paying to fix later. After draining the water, get a clean and dry towel and clean until it is dry and you are convinced that there is no hanging drop of water somewhere in the sink.
- Most stainless steel cleansers contain chloride, this is a major component found in them. Keep them away immediately after use. Constantly clean the sink after you have used any of these products to prevent them from affecting the natural luster of your stainless steel sink.
- Make sure you don’t leave cooking wares, cast iron and any other forms of steel in your sink for long. Iron steel in your sink will make your stainless steel sink to scratch and have surface rust stains. This won’t look good at all on your stainless steel!
- Your cleaning materials like a sponge, rubber dish mats are very useful for cleaning your stainless steel sink, but be careful about not allowing rubber dish mats, wet sponges, iron sponges, and cleaning pads to stay longer than necessary on your sink. They can easily retain water that might cause discoloration and leave ugly brown on your sink.
- Cutting boards are not to be replaced by your stainless steel sink. You know, sometimes, you feel like cutting your leafy vegetables and fruits really quick that you place them on the sink. For every cut you make and every sound of your knife on that stainless steel sink top, you are leaving a scratch on it. Knives and other sharp kitchen utensils aren’t sink friendly at all.
- To remove dirt and scuff that are stuck on the edge of your stainless steel sink, use only materials that won’t scratch the surface of your stainless steel. Not all objects are stainless steel friendly. Some of them would naturally scratch off the surface and make it different from the surrounding. Only use stainless steel friendly materials.
- Make sure you do a routine check of your stainless steel sink. Check for scratches, either minor or severe. Check promptly and make sure you fix it as early as possible. A small problem left unfixed can turn out to be, somewhat almost beyond repair later.
Stainless steel can be easily maintained with simple cleaning tips. These tips are applicable without stress at home by self.
Your stainless steel sink can maintain that manufacturer’s glow and shine that will last for many years to come if you apply these useful maintenance tips.