To pick the correct sink material can be a matter of huge confusion if you don’t know what material will be appropriate for your sink.
There are multiple sink materials in the market but not all materials are appropriate for all type of kitchen interiors.
Thus, knowing a bit about what characteristics does a particular material holds is probably necessary for deciding the correct one for yourself.
There are plenty of materials considering a kitchen sink but by far the most common material is the stainless steel sink.
But some people also prefer the granite composite sink as they have a different taste and choice considering kitchen sinks.
You may like:
Table of Contents
Stainless Steel Sinks VS Granite Composite Sinks
In this discussion, we will focus on some key advantages and disadvantages of both the materials in order to give you a brief idea about what you are opting for.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Stainless Steel Sinks
Stainless steel sink is probably the most common sink materials you will find in any household. Most of the kitchen today has or once has a stainless steel sink to be used daily for washing purpose.
Its durability and easy access also cost-effectiveness makes it one of the most popular kitchen sink materials.
If you want a stainless steel sink for your kitchen here are some important advantages and disadvantages of using a stainless steel sink is stated below for your convenience.
- First of all, let’s talk about its pricing. The total cost of a stainless steel sink is much cheaper than any other sink material which is probably the biggest reason behind its popularity.
- It is very easy considering the installation process. Some people prefer to install their kitchen stuff by their selves. If you are one of them, you can go for a stainless steel sink as the installation process is very convenient.
- If you are confused about the kink material will suit your kitchen or not then you should know that stainless kitchen sinks go well with most of the kitchen designs. Making it a versatile option.
- Stainless kitchen sinks are very easy to clean. You can easily clean the sink with regular cleaning product and avoid too much hassle.
- Stainless kitchen sinks are said to be a durable material. So a good quality stainless steel sink will probably last you a lifetime.
- One disadvantage that most of the stainless steel sinks users face are that after a period of time it catches too many scratches. This leads to a dull-looking kitchen sink which no one prefers.
- Another issue is the noise issue. When water falls on stainless steel sinks whether in a swift or slow motion, it tends to create very significant noise.
- It does not have any color options to go with your kitchen counter. Stainless steel sinks only come in one color, that is silver.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Granite Composite Sinks
If you want to stand out considering the overall look of your kitchen interior then go for granite composite sink.
Its unique looks will give your kitchen a very different vibe than others. Granite composite sinks are made out of granite particles and these are mixed with acrylic resins for bonding.
Having different color options to choose from, granite composite sinks can be given any expected shape and size according to your preference.
Below are some advantages and disadvantages of granite composite sinks so that you can know well about your choice.
- Granite composite sinks have a very unique and attractive look. If you want something non-conventional for your kitchen as well as make a mark in looks you can definitely choose a granite composite sink.
- Granite composite sinks are very durable in nature. Because of its building process with particles and resins, it is mostly crack resistant and will last you a lifetime.
- Granite composite sinks are almost soundproof. Because of the dense material, when water drops on in there is very less noise compared to other materials.
- You can choose between different color options to match with your counter if you go for granite composite sinks.
- Granite sinks are said to be heat resistant material. Sometimes we tend to drop very hot food items or water over the sink, granite composite sinks have very less damage considering this issue.
- Granite composite sinks are not very budget-friendly. Its materials and building process making it much more expensive than others.
- This material is very heavily weighted, so you need to build additional support to hold its weight which is a bit of a hassle.
- Granite composite sinks require special care considering the cleaning process. The rough cleaning process can damage its surface.
Stainless steel and granite composite are two very different materials for kitchen sinks considering the cost also the installation process.
Now that you have somewhat knowledge about this hopefully it will be easier to choose which one would be more preferable for your kitchen.