Last Updated on
Every person, especially who use a kitchen room in a house want to keep everything functional, useful and clean as well. If you do not keep clean all the things of a kitchen, then lots of things can harm your body as your taste.
It also shows your desire for a kitchen. There are lots of tools and accessories are available which should keep clean. From all these tools, faucets are most important.
Using a kitchen faucet we wash various types of plates, dishes, fill water in another pot, cup, etc. we also use this faucet for washing things especially when we are cooking.
But most of the people face some problem when they want to clean the faucet head. If you do not know how to clean kitchen faucet head, then you will be benefited reading the details we are providing.
How to Clean Kitchen Faucet Perfectly
If you follow the process, then the faucet head will be cleaned in a minute. It’s the easiest process for cleaning a faucet.
To do this you need some materials which will play a vital role in cleaning a kitchen faucet head. And these are.
- Vinegar, which must be distilled
- A rubber band
- A plastic bag.
Now let discuss the process step by step.
- First of all, take the plastic bag and wash it very well. Now fill the bag with distilled white vinegar. But not filled up the bag fully. Half of the bag is enough to clean the faucet head. You can use another kind of liquid instead of vinegar. But vinegar is the most effective and amazing substance for cleaning material. Not only that, but it also kills various types of germs and bacteria.
- Now take the bag and pull it over your faucet. Now tied it up and secure it. For this, you need the rubber you collected before. Let sit the bag there for at least 20 to 30 minutes. For the best effect, you need this time.
- After the time take the bag out. Now take a brush and try to find out any kind of bit on the head. If you found some then rinse it smoothly. In this washing process, you should your warm water for a better result.
You can see now how much clean your faucet head is. It will look like as new one from the old one. There is no presence of any kind of germs, mold, mildew, food particle. But there is another method available for cleaning kitchen faucet perfectly. We can also discuss about it.
The basic rules
This basic rule means the common method which is very much easy and everyone can perform. For this type of job, you do many need many things to perform perfectly.
- Soft Smudge: There is some small smudge is visible to a faucet. You can clean this stuff easily. Take a towel or rag which must be wet and wiping the spot of the faucet. If the smudge is soft enough then it will be cleaned in a second. But the best suggestion we can give is to make sure the faucet is dry after using it.
- Hard Stain: There are also some stains available which can’t be cleaned easily or with some soft wiping. For this, you can use some cleaning. We can mention the vinegar for you. But mix these things with water in appropriate proportion. There are some other liquids available in the local store. Some are given below.
- Formula 409, etc.
- Dry Method: This is not a permanent solution for keeping clean the faucet. But you can keep clean without any kind of germ or bacteria or sprinkle. When the faucet gets wet, then wipe it after the work with a dry towel or rag.
Some people have knowledge of using some stuff as a cleaner in the house. For this you do not need any kind of extra items. You can take it as a good cleaner.
- If there is any kind of reddish spot on the faucet, then it can be easily cleaned up with some lemon juice. If you have borax than mix it with the lemon juice. This mix can be used as a paste. Take this paste and rub it smoothly.
- Some people use black and brown buildup. This paste is also famous and effective for cleaning the faucet. If you have cream of tartar, then mix it with some hydrogen peroxide. Take this paste and rub it on the faucet.
- If you can then make some soda with vinegar. It is also an effective liquid for cleaning the faucet. But this mix used for removing some bad water marks. This paste needs to sit for a while on the spot. After a few times, you can rinse it completely. Now it’s time to dry. Your faucet will shine.
this is also an easy way to clean up a faucet. For this, you need to unscrew the filter. For safety, you can use a towel. There are some parts are available of a filter. Disable all the parts carefully.
Take a toothbrush and use it to scrub the filter. Put the filter in a bowl contains vinegar and boil it for a few minutes. It removes the calcium. Finally, all the parts are ready to reinstall.
But cleaning a faucet is not the last thing. You should take care of this thing. If possible, then coat it with some lubricants. So, a question will come in our mind how to lubricate the kitchen faucet. There are some guidelines are given below for that.
- Turn off the water supply. Pull the faucet handle by loosening some Allen screw. There is a washer under the handle and remove it. A retaining clip holding the cartridge. Remove this retaining clip. Now take the cartridge out. Remove the brass seat. This brass seat is installed under the cartridge. Now put the grease in all the parts and holes as well you removed earlier. Put all the things in the reverse method. You are done with it.
Cleaning and lubricating a faucet is not a hard task. If you not all assemble and disable processes, then it will be easier for you to take care of a kitchen faucet.