Last Updated on
The kitchen is the heart of a house. If it does not look right with the all necessary things and tools, then you will be frustrated. An idle kitchen needs all the necessary things.
When a person is trying to cook, chopping or washing something, then all the support tools must be operational. Everyone knows about the kitchen faucet.
- Guide for Removing the Kitchen Faucet
- Fixing Instruction of Kitchen Faucet Leak
- Guide for Cleaning the Kitchen Faucet
- Instruction for Replacing Kitchen Faucet
It is one of the most essential tools we need in the kitchen. If a kitchen focused is placed in a perfect place like a corner or side of the kitchen, then it will be the perfect placement.
The Guide is Installation of Kitchen Faucet
If you know all the mechanism of installing process, then it’s going to be easy for you. Maybe you need to install a new one and another one, then you called a plumber for doing this job. But it is an easy process to learn quickly. Let’s discuss it.
Before discussing the process of installing a new faucet we have to know about all the parts of a faucet. Some names are given below to know.
- Faucet Lever
- Spout Assembly
- Adjusting Ring
- Faucet Body
- Hose Guide
- Spray Hose
- Mounting Nut
- Hot Water Supply pipe
- Cold Water Supply pipe
- Shutoff Valves, etc.
Now we can discuss a totally new setup a faucet. There are various types of model of the faucet are available in the market, according to use and facility. Almost 70% installing process is the same for every faucet, but the rest are not.
So we are going to discuss it according to the types. Do you have already the Kitchen Faucet? If not then you can pick a new one from this kitchen faucets reviews
Kitchen Faucet (Standard)
These types of the faucet are the most common faucet which is used in large amount according to the proportion. There are no special, in extra facilities included. That’s why the installation process is much easier than others. To install this faucet you need some tools and these are
- Adjustable Wrench
- Basin wrench or packaged tools
- Tread tape (Putty/Silicone Caulk), etc.
You also need another person as a helping hand. You also keep it in mind that if you do not use any cover place then you do not need any kind of putty or chulk.
- Using Gasket: First of all, find out the foot of the faucet. Put a gasket on there. Some faucet does not need a gasket manually because it’s already installed there.
- Positioning: Now hold the faucet in perfect position. You have to unsure about the perfect position closer to the hole.
- Using Hole: Pass all the other parts of faucet through the hole. One person needs to hold the faucet and another person need to go under the sink to adjust all the other under parts of the faucet.
- Mounting: There is a mounting kit is available. Take it and place it under the shank. This mountain kit will secure the position. For this task, you have to use an adjustable wrench. You can use three types of mounting kits like nuts or washer or mounting clips for the mounting.
- Using thread tape: Now you need some use the thread tape. It will secure the line and connection as well. Thread tape work as an extra sealing. The main purpose of using the thread tape is making the line enough strong to maintain the line for cold and hot water. Some people use an adapter for a perfect match. This type of adapter is available in the local store.
- Connection: It’s time to connect the line with the water. First, turn on the water supply slowly. If you have both hot water and cold water line, then try with the cold one first.
- Check for leaks: After the process check for any kind of leak. For better result uses your finger. If you found one, then fix it using tape.
- Clear the pipe: If you do not find any kind of leak or repair the leak perfectly, then runs it for a couple of minutes. It will clear all kinds of dust inside the pipe.
- Side Sprayer: Some people want to use a side sprayer for the faucet. If you want to add one then you need to connect the sprayer with pipes.
From the above discussion, you will find that all the process is very simple to install a kitchen faucet.
This is also another kind of kitchen faucet. Their mechanism is critical of this type of faucet. Because there are various types of technological facilities are attached to various types of the touchless faucet. To install this faucet you need two essential things and these are.
- Electrical Drill
When you are going to install it, then you have to face some trickiest things. If you understand it, then it will be easier to you. To install the faucet you have to install the control box as well.
You need to find out a suitable place to install it and must be to the closer to the faucet. But according to the brand of this control box installation process can be different.
If you install the control box of the Moen brand, then you need to match the number which is mentioned in the port (USB Port) Just plug in according to the number.
If you install Badijum brand for the control box, then you do not need to worry for the wrong connection. Every connection is secured and distinct. You do not need to seek the port or the connection and the destination. To Know more about this you can read this also.
It is true that kitchen faucet is one of the most important tools for every kitchen. If you can know all the process of installation, then it will be easier to adjust the place to place a new one at any time. It will just take an afternoon of yours. But the kitchen will shine with the perfect faucet.