If you want to make your kitchen perfect, then you need to make sure all the tools and accessories are functional. But is hard to maintain all the things at the same time.
It is true that, in spite of proper care, some tools are can be damaged or not in good working condition. There are refrigerators, oven, blender and various types of electrical tools in a kitchen.
But there are other tools you must keep it functional and that is the kitchen faucet. Most of the people install these things well branded and technologically advanced.
It doesn’t matter how much quality and technological advanced your kitchen faucet is, After a specific period of time you will notice that there is some leakage problem.
It is the most common problem for a kitchen faucet. Sometimes it becomes an irritating problem for the user of this tool. As a result, we need to call some service provider to solve this problem.
Table of Contents
Solutions of the faucet leaking problem
Generally, there are two types of kitchen faucet used in the kitchen and these are
- Single handled faucet
- Two-handled faucet
We can discuss the leaking problem and the fixing method in detail according to the types. Then the concept will be crystal clear to you.
Single handled Faucet
Fixing an old faucet due to a leaky problem is time-consuming. It will also take a test of your patience. So first you should learn to fix a single handled faucet leaky problem. So before you start your job find out the spot of leakage.
You may also like:
- 6 Steps to Remove Kitchen Faucet
- Definitive Guide to Install Kitchen Faucet
- Keep shiny your Kitchen Faucet
- 14 Steps to Replace Kitchen Faucet
- Kraus Faucet Reviews
- Best Faucets Water Filter
- Pfister Faucet Reviews
- Best rated widespread bathroom faucets
- Ideal Faucet for Farmhouse Sink
Disassembling: In this part, you need to disable all the parts of your old faucet. Otherwise, you cannot fix this problem. For this, you need to go step by step and these are given below.
- At first, turn all the water supply connection need to off, which are connected with the faucet. There are some valves you need to shut off.
- Now take out the faucet handle carefully. Ensure that there is no more water in the line. Take all the parts carefully.
- If possible, then take all these parts in the bag. You may need to buy new parts to stop the leakage. But we suggest replacing a new part is less worthy than buying the whole new set.
- There is an aerator. You need to take this out and inspect it carefully. Because most of the time leakage problem arises because of this part. So, search for the damage of this part.
Ball valve replacement: Take a wrench to do this task. There are screws holding the handle. Loosen those for taking the handle out. Using the wrench, remove the cap.
Now remove the ball, washer and the cam. From the inside remove the seat and spring. You can use a screwdriver or other similar tools for taking these out.
It’s time to remove the spout. After removing it there an O-ring you will find and replace it with the new one. Do not forget to coat some grease. The seats and the spring you take out earlier need to be replaced by a new one.
Now replace the ball. Now replace the cam and the washer as well. It will secure your faucet from the internal leakage. Take the handle and reassemble the faucet perfectly.
Cartridge: If the leakage problem needs for a long period solution, then you must replace the cartridge of the faucet. For this, you need to replace the cartridge.
- At first, there a cap and you need to take it out. Now you will see some clips and screws. It’s holding the handle and the trim ring. For fixing you need to take it. Out. So, take the clips and screws.
- There is a retainer nut you will see, unscrew this retainer nut. Now the cartridge is visible to you. Replace these parts with new ones.
- At last, reassemble all the parts of appropriately.
Ceramic Disk: You can also replace the ceramic disk to ensure no leakages. For this, you need to remove the trim ring. After removing these tools you will be able to take the handle off.
Take out the cylinder by unscrewing the retainer nut. Change the cylinder and replace a new one. Reassemble it accurately in the reverse method.
If you complete all these processes, we discuss then you are done with the find process. Turn on the valve which is used for the water supply. But do it slowly to absorb the pressure because new parts have needed some time to come into in working condition.
Two Handled Faucet
There are two sides to this faucet. First of all, you have to determine and find out which side is leaking. If you confirm about the side of the leakage then follow the process we discuss below.
Disabled the faucet and wrap a towel as a precaution and remove the aerator and try to find out the damage. Most of the people face some problem when they want to remove it.
If it’s harder to move than soak a towel with vinegar. Take this towel and wrap it around the aerator. A few hours later the mineral deposit will loosen enough to remove the aerator.
If you are identifying the damaged part then you can take it to the nearest shop and buy a new one for replacing. Now you can replace all the parts which are damaged and reassemble the faucet. You can also check this guide to know more about this.
If your kitchen faucet is leaking, then we suggest before you do the repairing process, you have to the reason of leaking a faucet.
There is some major reason which is mainly responsible for this leaking. Most of the faucet which is available to buy from the market has limited warranty.
So you keep it in mind you have to do the maintenance work or repair after a period of time. So you must prepare yourselves for doing this job.